Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All In The Name of A Goal



Well, I have just spent the last four hours attempting to set up a blog for a goal of mine.  I wish to run 50 races during my 50th birthday year.  Come to find out, setting up this blog is turning out to be more work than the training I am doing for my races!

I use the term "race" very loosely, it is more of an event than a race.  A race implies I might have a chance of winning, not gonna happen, no way no how.  When I use the term "run", well, it's more of a slightly faster walk, or as my 18 year old son puts it, "Is this how fast you can run mom, cause for me, I'm just walking."  Yeah yeah yeah, everybody's a comedian, don't make me pull this car over.

So here is the "plan" (another loose term), starting on my birthday, February 4th, I will "run" 50 "races" and conclude the last race on February 3, 2013!  So by my quick calculations, that's about one race a week for a year.  The races will consist of various distances, 5K, 10K, even a 1/2 marathon-already schuduled for March 11 (The Shamrockin') and perhaps if all is going well a marathon or two!

5 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo ambitious but I know you can do it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the "Rate Race", "Human Race" or even DisgRACE count towards the 50?? That is 3 for me already! Whew....What an awesome goal rooting for you each time. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound like awesome "races", I just might have to join you for some of them, thanks for the tip!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete