Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Race Six...

                          Homer Simpson Bloomers

It started out as a joke but became a real "racy" run!  I'm talking about the Undy 5000, of course.  Everyone runs in their undies, well, boxers or whatever you are most comfortable wearing.  For the very fit guy who wore a black unitard with a hot pink thong on the outside, very nice!  Me, I felt best in a pair of bloomers!  Yes, I made a pair of fancy bloomers out of my son's old lounge pants that had Homer Simpson in his underwear!  The sign on my back read, "Check out me bloomin' arse and say it's fine!"  I'm sure I looked goofy but it was all in the name of supporting The Colon Cancer Alliance and we raised over $30,000 in Sacramento alone.  Most races you receive a T-shirt to commemorate the event, but this time all participants received a pair of boxers!  This was a very fun race and one I plan on running next year, I give the Undy 5000, 5 out of 5 shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment