Friday, June 8, 2012

Race Eight ...

                                  The Donut Dash Gang

Ah, my kind of race. The Donut Dash! Don't you just love a race with that kind of name, how could you not? It's like donuts, EVERYONE loves DONUTS! This was one of those small, family and friends oriented race, everyone is welcomed, strollers and dogs too. The idea is you run two miles to Marie's Donuts and eat either four donuts or six donut holes. I opted for the donut holes. There were so many participants that towards the end they ran out of donuts and had to give out vouchers. Thank goodness I was "fast" (wink wink) enough to get there early for my donut holes. I noticed most people were taking their donuts back to the finish with them and not eating them there on the spot. Me, my thinking was, "When in Rome..." So I ate all six donut holes and ran the two miles back to the finish! This was a kick in the pants. I did not even get sick and I ran my best time! Hmmm, maybe that is the key, more donut holes as pre-race carb loading!

The second cool thing about this race, I was at the finish line second in our large group. What a totally different experience to stand at the finish line and cheer your family and friends on as they cross that finish line. I was ALL smiles! Kevin had a great run and was first across the finish in our group, nice job Kevin. Thanks to all for joining me in this silly but fun run. Patty and her daughter Ryan; Kevin and his parents, Bruce and Karen; Genaro; Lindie; Lisa; and Allyson. This race was developed to raise funds for the Child Life Program at Sutter Children Center in Sacramento, proceeds go towards programs and activities to help children and their families cope with their medical expenses. This race deserves a 5 out of 5 shoes, I had one sweet time! See you on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment