Friday, February 3, 2012

Checking It Twice


Well, it is the eve of my 50th birthday and my first race.  I'll admit, I have a few butterflies in my stomach.  I'm one of those people who makes lists, then another list, and one more list just to make sure I have it all.  Running shoes, check; shorts, check; sports bra, check; special socks, check; ID, check; directions, check; set the alarm, check; fuel in the car, check; and so on and blah blah blah.  I'm sure you know a "list-er" in your life.  One of the cool things on my list is my new FitBit.  It was an early present from some good friends-to help me along in my quest.  It is quite the handy gadget, it measures the number of steps I take, miles gone, stairs climbed, and calories burned (another list-my kind of gadget).  Every morning when I wake up, I have already  burned about 415 calories, and the longer I stay in bed, the more calories I seem to burn.  I LOVE my FitBit!  During today's workout, I checked it against the treadmill and hey, what do you know, the info was the same on the treadmill as on my FitBit; accuracy, check!  Thank you gang for my cool lil gadget; Thank you note, check.

2 comments:

  1. You rock girl!!! Happy birthday and enjoy your race! Reward yourself after!!!! Love ya!!! Keep Calm and Run on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the FitBit a few months ago at Kaiser and wanted one! I guess it even tells you how well you actually sleep? Have a great Birthday, and with all the calories you have burned, eat some birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete