Saturday, February 4, 2012

Race One...


 

Third Place                     Lindie, Me, Genaro
  
Whew, I got the first one out of the way!  The Gumby Run was soooo much fun.  It is a smaller race, maybe 300 participants, which is perfect.  The weather was awesome, sun shinning, green grass everywhere, and we even saw a jack rabbit.  The sandy trail winds through oak trees all the while you have a nice view of Folsom Lake.  Being a smaller race, you have the opportunity of placing in your age group.  My husband, Genaro, had a fantastic run which placed him in the winner's circle on platform number 3 (aka Third Place in the 50-59 year old males).  Not to mention he was only 11 seconds from First Place, woo-hoo! 

Lindie and I both crossed the finish line at the same time (neither one of us wanted to come in last and get the Pokey award).  I came in 10th in my age bracket (of course there were only like fourteen 50-59 year old women but that is neither here nor there).  If you have the opportunity to participate in the Gumby Run, I recommend this race and I give it 4 out of 5 shoes.  Next stop, The Davis Stampede.

No comments:

Post a Comment