Friday, February 17, 2012

Race Three...

                      Cheryl, Allyson, Me, Jennifer, Lindie

WOW, here, let me say that again, WOW!!!  Why, you might be thinking, wellllll, lemme tell ya.  I ran the Mermaid Race and I shaved off 5, yes, FIVE, cinque, cinco, cinq, vijf (it does not matter what language you say it in, it is still FIVE) minutes from my race a week ago!!!!  For me that is huge, of course when you are running a 15 minute mile, there is a lot of room for improvement.  To say the least, I was very happy camper with my run this week.  I guess I can chalk it up to the support of all my friends that ran with me, or the fact that I was attempting to keep up with Lindie and Karen who both had their PB (personal best) runs, yeah!

The Mermaid run was a really fun race.  It was in San Diego, how can you go wrong there, I was surrounded by friends, and only 960 racers so it was a small event.  We started out in a park with Allison Sweeney, host of The Biggest Loser, setting the pace.  We ran along Mission Bay and out to Fiesta Island and back.  It was a little cold but once the race got going, we quickly warmed up.  At the finish line we received a cute necklace, "Mermaid Athlete".  Thank you Allyson, Cheryl, Jennifer, Lindie and Karen for joining me, and thank you to KP, Phillip, Bruce and Genaro for your support at the finish line, you guys are our number one cheerleaders!

We are planning on making this race an annual event, which means we have to go to San Diego every year, oh darn!  This race was a 5 out of 5 shoes, so fun.  Next up is the Escape from Folsom 5K, until then, happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment